Nowadays taking the journey to Mae Hong Son is much more comfortable and convenient than before. The tourists who not really have time or the ones who would like the comfort can directly fly from Chiang Mai to Mae Hon Son within some minutes. For the tourists who have much time and would like to admire the atmosphere on both sides of the road can take the bus from Bangkok directly to Mae Hong Son or firstly go to Chiang Mai after that take another bus from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son there are two routes to choose. For the tourists who can drive by their owns there still are many ways to choose. The tourists can see all the details travel by plane, by bus, by driving including distance, routes as follows:
Bangkok - Mae Hong Son:
Bangkok - Mae Hong Son:
Mae Hong Son is located 924 kilometers from Bangkok. Sombat Tour operates an air conditioned bus which runs directly from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son. The bus departs from Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal at 18.00 hours every day. The trip takes about 17 hours. Sombat Tour
Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son:
This route is much easier; you can take many buses operated from many companies at Bangkok northern bus terminal to Chiang Mai. The buses leave frequently every day from Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal. You will reach to Chiang Mai first, after that you can take a bus from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son.
Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son:
Mae Hong Son can be reached from Chiang Mai either by Highway No.108 via Mae Sariang, or Highway No.1095 via Pai which shortens the distance to some 274 kilometers. Regular buses are operated by Prem Pracha Transport. Buses depart from Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station daily to Mae Hong Son by two different routes. Prempracha Transport
Buses leave frequently from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son via Mae Sariang, Mae La Noi and Khun Yuam districts from 6.30-21.00 hours. The journeys take 8 hours.
Buses leave frequently from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son via Pai and Pang Mha Pha district from 7.00-14.00 hours. The journeys take 6 hours.
One can travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai by rail and then continue to Mae Hong Son by bus. State Railway of Thailand
Travelling to Mae Hong Son by Car:
Chiang Mai – Mae Sariang – Mae Hong Son:
The journey can begin from Muang district in Chiang Mai province by using the high way no.108 pass through Hangdong district, Sanpatong district, Jomthong district, Hod district, Mae Sariang district, Mae Lanoi district, Khun Yuam district, and Mueng district in Mae Hong Son province. It is altogether 350 kms.
Chiang Mai – Pai – Mae Hong Son:
Begin from Chiang Mai province with the high way no.107 Chiang Mai – Fang then turn left at Baan Mae Malai, Mae Tang district, Chiang Mai province. Entering into the high way no.1095 to Pai district, Pang Mapa district, and Muang district in Mae Hong Son province. It is totally 245 kms.
Tak – Mae Sariang – Mae Hong Son:
Begin from Tak province by taking the high way no.105 pass through Mae Sod district, Mae Ramaad district, Ta Song Yang district, Sob Moei district to join with the high way no.108 in Mae Sariang district to Mae Lanoi district, Khun Yuam district, and Muang district in Mae Hong Son province altogether about 397 kms.
Chiang mai – Mae Cheam – Mae Hong Son:
Start from Muang district in Chiang Mai province by taking the high way no. 108 after arriving Jomthong district turn right to the high way no. 1009 Doi Inthanontha National park – Jomthong before arriving the top of Doi Inthanontha turn left to the high way no.1192 to Mae Cheam district and entering the high way no.1263 to join with the high way no.108 in Khun Yuam district, then continue going to Muang district in Mae Hong Son province. It is altogether about 250 kms.
The distance from Mae Hong Son to other district:
Mae Hong Son to Pai district 111 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Pang Mapa district 67 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Khun Yuam district 65 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Malanoi district 134 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Ma Sariang district 164 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Sob Moei district 192 kms.
Chiang Mai to Pai 135 kms.
Pai to Pang mapha 44 kms.
Pang Mapha to Mae Hong Son 67 kms.
Mae Hong Son to Khun Yuam 65 kms.
Khun Yuam to Mae Lanoi 67 kms.
Mae Lanoi to Mae Sariang 30 kms.
Mae Sariang to Sob meoi 25 kms.
Mae Sariang to Chiang Mai 191 kms.
- With beautiful scenery and diverse cultures, attract tourists to come to visit Mae Hong Son, increasing in every year. The accommodation has been created to entertain visitors of a...
- For tourists, who love to drive and take the adventure by yourselves for own convenience and privacy. Mae Hong Son province has tour driving route, which is one of the most famous ...
- There are varieties of food provided for the tourists in Mae Hong Son province such as Thai Food, Shan, European Food, Italian, Mexican, French and others. However, most of the res...
- The tourists who enjoy shopping in the blood, there are a lot of interesting souvenirs in Mae Hong Son to afford their eagerness such as lacquer ware, Gems, silver ornaments, hill ...
- The best time to travel to a place is when there is a festival or a traditional celebration. You get an insight of the culture and lifestyle of the place and its people. If you wan...
- Mae Hong Son has 483 km. of territory connected with Myanmar, and every district of Mae Hong Son has territory connected to Myanmar along the border, and it has the routes for peop...