Mae Lanoi Attractions
The district is surrounded among big and small mountain ranges. It is quite calm and peaceful district but it still has a lot of interesting places for you to go and visit e.g.
Kaew Komol Cave (Calcite Cave):
Calcite Cave was found by Mae Hong Son official engineering office. The cave wall is laminated with crystal of calcite. It is the only one calcite cave in Southeast Asia. The glittering calcite shines in the cave. The feature of this cave is its sparking walls that are the result of calcite, making it look like shards of clear ice. The surrounding enrich with natural beauty, pleasant climate and forests. The cave is located 5 km. from Mae Lanoi District.
Baan Mae La Ub Lawa Hill Tribe village:
Lawa or Lua Mae La Ub village is one of the hill tribes that are far different from others in many ways: the culture, dressing, life style. The tourists can learn the difference from visiting their village here. The village is connected by 3 districts of Chiang Mai province: Mae Jam district, Mae Lanoi district, and Mae Sariang district. Lua usually build their houses on the high hills with very beautiful scenery that has never been seen before which is big different from others. Since they are located on high hills, and along the way of travelling may meet the late rite road, therefore, for safety the tourists should use the good condition vehicles.
Huai Hom Karen Hill Tribe Village:
The village was located in Mae Lanoi district, 4 km. away from Mae La Ub village. It is one of the developed villages; therefore, the village looks neat and tidy together with good friendship among the villagers. Moreover, most of them are quite strict with the religion. Inside the village has cultivated variety of winter plants for welcoming the tourists to go and visit. The village is praised to be an example hill tribe village, too.
Mae Sagua Karen Hill Tribe Village:
It is another hill tribe village that is worth visiting. Situated approximately 13 km. far from the district. The Karen in the village usually builds their houses descending step by step along the hillside which make them appearing different from other hill tribe villages. Furthermore, with good scenery in dry season the tourists will be able to see the change of color of the trees from green to orange all over the forest including the bloom of wild flowers with their orange color, it is definitely stunning picture that is worth seeing, and inside the area there still be the nice waterfall waiting for you to visit.
It is one of the very beautiful waterfalls at Baan Tung Ruang Tong in Mae Lanoi district. The tourists have to travel about 6 km. away from the district in order to see its beauty. The water flows beautifully step by step through the stage of rocks from upper stage to lower stage. Especially, in the rainy season it will gain much more beauty in itself that you have never been seen before.
Mae Lanoi District:
Mae Lanoi district situated in the south of Mae Hong Son province. The march of neighboring administrative area as follow the North is next to Khun Yuam district, the East is next right to Mae Chaem district in Chiang Mai province, the South is next to Mae Sariang district, and the West is next to Kaya state of Myanmar and Mae Sariang district. It is 134 km. far from Mae Hong Son Muang district, most of the topography is mountainous surrounded by big and small mountains it is quite peace and calm. There are 3 seasons for the climate as follow summer begins from March-May, the rainy season begins from June-October, and cold begins from November-February the all year average temperature is 23 ̊C. The total area is 1,456.645 square km. and total population is 36,257 persons (2019) which consist of Native people, Shan, Karen, Hmong, and Lawa most of the people earn their living in agriculture and planting area is on the high steep hillsides, upland rice planting, and other field crops e.g. corns, beans, there is not quite a lot of rice fields, most of it is along both sides of Yaum and Mae Lanoi rivers, and livestock. Mae Lanoi district is divided the administrative area into 8 sub districts namely: Mae Lanoi sub district, Mae La Luang sub district, Tha Pha Pum sub district, Mae Tho sub district, Huai Hom sub district, Santi Khiri sub district, Khun Mae Lanoi sub district, and there are altogether 69 villages.
- Located calmly in the green valleys, covered by mist all year round this captivating scenery makes Mae Hong Son as “The City of Dreams”. More than this, with outstanding of archite...
- One of the most enchanting districts of Mae Hong Son province. It can attract lots of tourists to go and visit in every single year. In each year there will be a lot of tourists wh...
- Pang Mapha district was located 67 km up north of Mae Hong Son province. It has pleasant landscape around with a lot of high mountain ranges; most of the citizens are hill tribes i...
- The quite calm and peaceful district becomes jolly, and lively again when the cold season comes together with the colorful of Bua Tong flowers or the Mexican sun flowers that show ...
- It is the old district of Mae Hong Son province where is the place that gathers many races of hill tribes from many eras. It is also the important historical of Lanna in long years...
- Sob Moei is bordered to Tak province in Ta Song Yang district. It is due to small district; therefore, it is not quite well-known among the tourists including the facilities there ...