Mae Hong Son Loop
For tourists, who love to drive and take the adventure by yourselves for own convenience and privacy. Mae Hong Son province has tour driving route, which is one of the most famous in Thailand, to challenge your ability. There are a lot of attractions, nice scenery along the both sides with steep and winding route. Tourists can drive from Chiang Mai province to Mae Hong Son and cycle back to Chiang Mai. Since the route is rather steep and winding with thousands curbs, therefore, tourists who use this route should be well prepared with a car and drive with care.
Mae Hong Son Loop 5 Days 4 Nights:
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Pai
Start from Chiang Mai province driving along Highway no. 107 passing through Mae Rim district to Mae Tang district about 35 kilometers. There is a junction turn left and drive along Highway no. 1095 past Mok Fah Waterfall, Pong Dued Geyser, Huai Nam Dang National Park to Pai district. Visit various places in Pai district like temples, hill tribe villages, hot springs, and others. Stay overnight in Pai, total distance is 135 kilometers.
Day 2: Pai – Pang Mapha – Mae Hong Son
From Pai to Pang Mapha the distance is 45 kilometers. Visit viewpoint and the most famous attraction in Pang Mapha is Lod Cave, after that continue the journey from Pang Mapha taking 65 kilometers to Mae Hong Son district along the way the tourists can visit two hill tribe villages Lahu and Lisu including Fish Cave National Park. Arrive in Mae Hong Son visit all temples, Mae Hong Son town and stay one night in Mae Hong Son. The total distance is approximately 110 kilometers.
Day 3: Mae Hong Son
Visit attractions outside the city such as waterfalls, hill tribe villages, Shan villages, Chinese villages, or do the interesting activities like elephant riding, rafting, cruise, visit the Long-Necked village. Stay another night in Mae Hong Son.
Day 4: Mae Hong Son – Khun Yuam - Mae Lanoi – Mae Sariang
From Mae Hong Son drive along the Highway no.108 to Khun Yuam district the distance is about 67 kilometers. In November to December it is during the time Mexican Sunflowers bloom tourists can turn left and drive along the Highway no.1263 about 30 kilometers to visit Mexican Sunflower fields and Mae Surin waterfall. After that use the same way drive back to Khun Yuam district again, then drive along the Highway no. 108 to Mae Lanoi district the distance is 67 kilometers arrive in the district visit Kaew Komol cave (Calcite cave) and continue another 30 kilometers to Mae Sariang district. Visiting interesting things in the city spend one overnight there. The total distance is 164 kilometers.
Day 5: Mae Sariang – Chiang Mai
From Mae Sarieng should leave early in the morning for Hod district in Chiang Mai province, the approximately distance is 100 kilometers. Along the way, tourists can drop in to visit Mexican Sunflowers at Doi Mae Hor (Mexican Sunflower Hill), Suan Son Bor Kaew (Pine plantations), and Ob luang National Park. Continue the journey to Chom Thong district turn left to the Highway no. 1009 take approximately 50 kilometers to visit Doi Inthanon, which is the highest mountain in Thailand, along the way to Doi Inthanon tourists can drive through a lot of attractions such as Mae Klang Waterfall, Wachirathan Waterfall, hill tribe villages, Royal projects, Royal pagodas. Travel back to Chom Thong district by using the Highway no. 108 again through San Pathong district, Hang Dong district, arrive in Chiang Mai the total distance is 295 kilometers.
Note: All the information of various districts in Mae Hong Son province can be seen in Attractions.
- Nowadays taking the journey to Mae Hong Son is much more comfortable and convenient than before. The tourists who not really have time or the ones who would like the comfort can di...
- With beautiful scenery and diverse cultures, attract tourists to come to visit Mae Hong Son, increasing in every year. The accommodation has been created to entertain visitors of a...
- Dining:There are varieties of food provided for the tourists in Mae Hong Son province such as Thai Food, Shan, European Food, Italian, Mexican, French and others. However, most of ...
- The best time to travel to a place is when there is a festival or a traditional celebration. You get an insight of the culture and lifestyle of the place and its people. If you wan...
- Mae Hong Son has 483 km. of territory connected with Myanmar, and every district of Mae Hong Son has territory connected to Myanmar along the border, and it has the routes for peop...